Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Me, A to Z

I saw this on one of my favorite blogs, Doc Momma. It's a way of sharing information by yourself. If I'm really giving this blogging thing a go (three years later), I'd say it's worth doing.






A-Age-Not loving that one but celebrating birthdays sure beats the alternative! Just two years away from a milestone birthday. Hopefully by May 2017 I can live with that!


B-Bed size-King. We did not get a king bed until a year ago. How did we ever live without it?


C-Chore I hate-Hands down, emptying the dishwasher. Will try to avoid it every single time. Sometimes I'm successful.


D-Dogs-Wooky, of course, for whom the blog is named. He is our (almost) 10 year old West Highland Terrier. Sweetest dog in the whole wide world.


E-Essential to start my day-Exercise with my friends is part one. I wasn't really a group runner or walker before our move but have started up with a great group of girls and love our daily time and having the workout done before 6:15 a.m.! My other start--I don't drink coffee, but a Coke or Diet Coke is my caffeine poison of choice.


F-Favorite color: Yellow


G-Gold or silver: I alternate. Right now it's gold.


H-Height-5'5 1/2"


I-Instruments I play-None. Need to get on this one for B!


J-Job title-Partner in a law firm. On any given day this can mean attorney, counselor, trainer, investigator, mediator, mama bear, or any of the above!


K-Kids-One human (B) and one dog (Wooky).


L-Live-As of August 2014, in Mobile, Alabama. Love our new home. We have been so fortunate in the friends and neighbors we have met. And living this close to the water isn't shabby.


M-Movie-Steel Magnolias. So many great quotes in that one.


N-Nickname-Kate, KatyBug, KK (my niece's name for me)


O-Overnight Hospital Stays-Very fortunate in this one. Childbirth plus a tonsillectomy when I was 11 years old.


P-Pet peeve-This one should/could be plural. Those who think their time is better/more important than yours. People not using turn signals. Improper grammar ("their" instead of "there," etc.)


Q-Quote-"One can choose to go back toward safety, or forward toward growth. Growth must be chosen again and again; fear must be overcome again and again." Abraham Maslow. I also like the old adage, "What goes around comes around."


R-Righty or lefty-Righty for sure.


S-Siblings-A younger sister (pediatrician) and a younger brother (another lawyer!).


T-Time I Wake Up-On a workout morning, 4:42 a.m. I get every minute of sleep I can! Otherwise, it's 5:45 or 6:00 so I can get ready and eat breakfast with B before taking him to school.


U-University I Attended-The University of Alabama. Roll Tide! I attended the University of Georgia for law school.


V-Vegetable I Dislike-Rutabega turnips. Otherwise I love veggies.


W-What Makes Me Late-Thinking I have more time than I have and trying to cram too much in ("let me just start this load of clothes")


X-Xrays-None other than the typical ones.


Y-Yummy food-shrimp. spaghetti.


Z-Zoo animal. I've been to the zoo tons of times with B but not sure I have a favorite!



No comments:

Post a Comment