Monday, February 23, 2015

Weekend by the Numbers

This past weekend was the post-Mardi Gras letdown, but a good weekend to catch up. Nothing too exciting on the agenda, but it was a good time to rest and catch up. Here's the weekend by the numbers:

10-Number of two-year-olds H and I kept in nursery on Sunday morning. Wowzers. Thank goodness H volunteered to help. There was a sweet college student with us, but, with a major crying clinging kiddo, we needed all three bodies. The best news of the morning? We found another sweet sitter for B!

9-Times I may have cursed or alternately cheered while teaching B how to ride his bike. A little tough love went a long way because...

8-Number of times he asked to have his training wheels taken off this week because now he can ride and wants to ride with his neighborhood friends.


Here, he is applying cool stars and lightning bolts to his spokes, courtesy of his cousins.

7-How many times I lamented eating leftover Chinese food on Friday night. During the day on Saturday, I was miserable. After some meds, Gatorade, and sleep on Saturday night, I felt a lot better on Sunday.

6-Number of casseroles made and frozen by H this weekend. What a lifesaver. Last week was not our best eating good meals at home week (think pizza, Chinese, etc.), and having meals already made and frozen is an incredible help during these busy weeks.

5-Age my sweetie will be next week. NEXT WEEK!

4-Loads of laundry done (and I didn't even have school uniforms to wash this weekend). Lacrosse, tball, and tennis are going to kill me.

3-Stops we made while running errands on Saturday. First, we headed to Alabama Outdoors for a big, big sale that has apparently been going on for awhile:


While things were pretty picked over, I did find a Patagonia puffer jacket on sale.

We also hit Academy Sports for a baseball bag and new tball pants:


Thought these were cute!

Finally, we rolled over to Home Depot for some new plants for our front porch. We had the BEST help there:



2-Hours worked by me each day. Blah. It's going to be a busy week and it helps me to "get ahead" on the weekend so I can get behind again right away on Monday morning! It has definitely shaped up to be that kind of day (and week).

1-Meals I cooked this weekend. I made beef stew in the crockpot using a recipe from emeals. It had carrots, celery, onion, garlic, beef broth, and cornstarch. It wasn't bad. Not bad at all. Hello Monday leftovers!

Have a great week,
Katy

No comments:

Post a Comment