Sunday, January 15, 2012

Chicken Tortilla Soup

I am way behind on blogging, and those of you who know me are probably wondering about this blog's title. I am not a cook. I do not like to cook. I am not a good cook. I claim lack of time as a good reason not to cook. But I do like to eat.  Fortunately for me, I have a husband who likes to cook and is a very good one.

At the beginning of this month, Amanda, one of my friends and co-workers, told me about the Sweet as Pie Cooking Club. Basically, there are 5 recipes a month, all from the Pioneer Woman Cooks. Everyone cooks the same recipes and blogs about them. Since I need practice at blogging, and we desperately needed some new food ideas, I was all for it.  H, my husband, cooks, while I do the blogging.

After a busy week, we finally got around to the first recipe this weekend, Chicken Tortilla Soup.  According to H, the hardest part was the chopping and mixing of spices:


H loves to let soups/chilis simmer, so we got to smell a yummy preview all afternoon:
H did not add the second can of black beans that the Pioneer Woman had in her recipe.  According to H, it was not too difficult a recipe.  After sampling, we decided two things: (1) it was a little spicy for B's taste; and (2) it will definitely go on our recipe rotation. Unfortunately, I somehow lost my finished product photos, but I will say that the recommended condiments (tortilla strips, avocado, cheese, and sour cream) definitely made a good soup even better.

And just because it's cute:

No comments:

Post a Comment